Saturday, June 30, 2012

Caroline's Graduation Party

Today I joined some friends from work to join in Caroline's Graduation Party. Debby kindly invited us to share in the festivities at her block party. Boy, did the kids have fun! (Everyone under the age of 30 is a 'kid' to me.) Caroline and her friends danced up a storm, had a conga line going, and socialized away! It was great! My friends and I sat, ate, talked, and repeated the sequence. We were happy as clams!

Caroline is a very sweet girl. I'm privileged to know her and to have been invited to some of her events. A few months ago, I was invited to watch her dance group performed a small routine at Carnegie Hall. They all do wonderfully, but she was the best :: not because she is my friend, but because she was.

Interacting with Caroline is always sweet and often funny! You never know what she is going to say, and she loves being involved in conversations. I also love our text message conversations, the few that we have engaged in. I honestly smile at the memories of the texts we have shared. Now that school is finished, she will enjoy a summer camp program, them on to a work program in the fall. I'm hoping to hear all about it when I see her again.

No comments: