Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Etzel Year End BBQ

This weekend was filled with more activities than I remembered! I was SO busy and EXHAUSTED, I just forgot to write about them ALL in ONE blog! It's fine, though. It makes each memory that much more special.

This past Friday was the annual End of the Year Etzel BBQ. After the school year we had, this was a WELCOMED and MUCH NEEDED BBQ. It's always a good, relaxed night that's filled with delish food, drinks and my personal favorite :: the desserts! Most of my friends and I go to hang out with our other friends and colleagues whom we rarely get to see, as half of us work in different buildings. The time spent at the BBQ is very chill. Sometimes a group of us will sit on the front porch and be loud and laugh there, other times, we'll hang out in the yard where mostly everyone usually stays. No matter where we are, we spend most of the night reminiscing on all our great memories and laugh ... A lot. I almost didn't make it this year because I got sidetracked and had to run to the city. Friday traffic delayed me about two and a half hours, and boy was I wild over it. Now I can laugh about it, but in the moment, I was not a happy camper. Much to my surprise, everyone was still there when I arrived, and I was thrilled! I wanted to be able to spend time with my friends outside of the work setting.

It's very thoughtful and kind of Jen to have this BBQ for us. She actually does a get together for the December holidays, as well, and we're all truly grateful. Rain or shine, she never fails to get it together, and every year we have more fun than the last and add to our memories.

Below :: Me and Rob Grant. He is one of my long time friends at P.S. 83.

No comments: