Saturday, June 16, 2012

Roll With It

I am a planner. It's very difficult for me to begin a day without knowing where it will take me. For whatever reason, I always need to know what I'm doing on any given day. Today was no different.

Today was beautiful! And just like any other day, my 'plan' was set:: run, errands, clean and meet a friend for dinner. Sometimes, things don't work out as 'planned' and dinner didn't happen. Thankfully, there was a plan B! My sisters had called me earlier to meet them for some outdoor activities! Being that I already had plans, I declined. I've been known to double and triple book, and I'm trying not to do that much anymore. It's exhausting. Luckily for me, I called and was able to meet them before they headed out. Of course, me being 'me', I wanted to know 'the plan.' My youngest sister shot me down pretty quickly. She said it was a just a chill day ... No plan ... Going to walk and relax ... If I wanted to join them, all I had to do was go. Sighs.

As difficult as I found it to simply go along without having an idea of what we would do, I decided to head up to Connecticut and join in on the fun anyway. And that's just what we had ... fun ... Unplanned fun.

We walked along the paths at Calf Pasture Beach in Norwalk, got ice cream, joked and just 'chilled.' Then the silly of me kicked in & I started a sing along as we walked. Natalie, Justyn and I sang away while Marisel walked ahead & ignored us, and Lindsay sang, too. Of course it was interrupted with yells of, 'No! That's not the right line!!' and followed up with ridiculous laughter, but that's all part of just 'being.' I really had a great time :: just what I wanted; not that I expected anything else. And I was reminded that sometimes, the best moments are the ones that just happen.

Photos ::
Natalie being silly
&
Justyn, Me and Natalie

No comments: