Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Even The Little Things Are Big

It's a very RARE occasion for my sister to ask me to babysit. Sometimes I'm a little hurt that she never does, but after three short hours with the boys, I'm okay with it. Just kidding. They were WONDERFUL to be with. Sadly, we don't get to spend much time together since we're not close (in proximity). In reality, it was a pleasure. I got to hear all about Justyn's friends and the unruly things they pull in class (not sure which of my personalities scolded him on that ... The teacher in me or the aunt), and we just watched t.v. and laughed at how he wouldn't stop changing the channel the moment a commercial came on. At 12, he's already becoming 'a guy.' He is growing up SO quickly. It's shocking, sometimes. I love him and love catching up with him. He definitely makes me laugh, even on the inside when he can't tell because I'm too busy playing 'mom #2' to him.

Ayden, and all of his 6 months, was all smiles for the most part. He is the cutest little boy! Marisel says he looks like Justyn when he was a baby, but all I see is HER face. Not to say she looks like a boy, but it's scary how much he resembles her. By the time 8:00 rolled around, he wasn't all smiles anymore. Justyn was so engrossed in whatever he was watching, he seemed deaf to Ayden's cries. While I felt helpless, I just walked him around until even I couldn't anymore. We laid on the bed until Mari came and saved the day ... And told me, 'oops, I forgot to tell you his bed time was at 7.' Sighs. For a moment there, I felt like a failure. ;)

As I look back now, I was TRULY exhausted on Saturday. After an 11 mile run that morning and a few sleepless nights, I didn't have all that much energy to work with. Plus, my mind's been a little consumed with 'life' and if I had had my way, I would've slept it off. Still, I believe God plays a roll in everything. Something as small as being with the kids not only kept my mind from thinking too much, but it also helped my sister, which brings me greater joy than anything else could have that day.

Below :: Little Ayden and Titi Jessie


No comments: