Wednesday, June 13, 2012

CPR & RTE Recertification ...

For as much complaining as I do about all the 'Pre-camp' work that takes up my time, the past few 'gatherings' have been more entertaining than torturous.

Today was part two of my CPR and RTE recertifications. As I stated on my Facebook, if ever I'm in a situation where 911 needs to be called, I definitely will do JUST THAT. My CPR certification really holds no water in my own personal book. Perhaps I just don't give myself enough credit. However, my RTE skills are much better, if I do say so myself. Perfect? Definitely not. I failed at making a sling today. Shocking? Absolutely not! Amusing, yes. All joking aside, anything that is of UTTER importance (which is everything) regarding CPR and RTE, I will be able to handle this summer :: God willing nothing major comes up.

Now, sitting in these training classes for 2 days, 2 hours each day, after work was ... Sighs ... More fun than I thought it would be. We laughed more than we probably should have, but it was a good way to get through the videos and 'practice' and test. Our instructor, Barney, is really great (and patient) with us! After (too) many years, there is NO reason for any of us should have gotten the questions or skills wrong, but that's what recert days are for! And it's a good thing we have to do them! Tis true .. If ya don't use it, ya lose it!

Below :: Barney using me and my arm for demonstration. I should have paid more attention at how the sling was made. ;)
Oh, and Will, one of our staff ... Had to have a picture of himself taken, as well.

No comments: