Saturday, June 2, 2012

Street Fair Fun!

Beautiful days in June are not to be wasted. The weather in has been so unpredictable lately, well, all winter and spring, actually. When we get a streak of great days, we have to jump at the opportunities to enjoy them. And so today, Lisa and I did just that. We spent the afternoon at the Mardi Gras street fair on Avenue of the Americas. Like most street fairs, it's loaded with many fun vendors and lots of unhealthy, but great smelling food! I opted to eat NOTHING while I was there (and that wasn't easy!), but Lisa and I did buy cute fashion scarves --- yep, scarves in June. Besides all the shopping, we caught up, and that was probably the most important part of today's outing. Lisa and I haven't talked in a while, and today I think we covered everything that we've missed. Simply put, it was great. I'm glad we got together, enjoyed the beautiful day, and had fun at the fair. Days like this, and opportunities to catch up with friends, shouldn't be passed up.

In the pictures below, you can see Lisa and I posing as tourists! We actually made people stand in line to take photos in front of it. We're such teachers. Lol We didn't take a picture in it together because, as Lisa asked, 'Are we in love?' Ridiculously hilarious.

No comments: