Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Momma's Pinning Ceremony

We have another family member with a degree! This past week, my mother completed the Medical Assistant program at Norwalk Community College. She struggled through it, as most people probably did, but she continued to push through along the way and did not give up.

Mom hasn't worked since Natalie was born :: 16 years ago! The work force has changed a great deal over that time, and mom decided she wanted to do something new. A Medical Assistant is a very interesting and challenging job; I think so anyway. She didn't always tell me when she was struggling through her work, but I know she gave it her all. I truly could not be more proud of her. She has inspired me in more ways than I can mention. If I thought I was someone who strived to achieve in the past, now I feel even more encouraged to continue doing so.

My sisters, nephews and I love her very much. We look forward to her finding her first job in this profession soon, God willing.

2 comments:

Sandy Helms said...

Congratulations to your Mom! What a great accomplishment. She sure looks young!!!!

Jess said...

Thanks, Sandy :) We are so proud of her for following though with this program. We knew she could do it.
Love you!