Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Every holiday without my grandmother seems strange. I can definitely sense something, or someone, missing. Since she and my dad lived together, she was the first one who greeted him every morning, but holidays must have been extra special. If I'm missing her, I'm certain he has a hole in his heart, today especially.

For Father's Day, Marisel, Justyn and I took Dad to the Mets game, which was wonderful despite the traffic. I really spend too much time in traffic, and sometimes it can be infuriating. I can laugh now at how crazed it made me. Between the traffic and all my 'co-pilots', it was enough to make me cry. But thankfully, one fell asleep, another was playing games on my phone, and the last was making random conversation. So, all in all, we arrived safely and got to enjoy the game. The crowd did the wave three or four times, and seeing it go ALL AROUND THE STADIUM was the MOST exciting part of the game. Lol. Spoken like a true Yankees fan.

We ended our time at City Field early and went to eat. That's always my favorite part of an outing. A friend directed me to PIO PIO, a Peruvian restaurant, in Flushing. I've been to their location on the Upper West Side, so I knew the food would be delicious. We all LOVED the dishes that were ordered, and enjoyed them to the last morsel. I, of course, ate my food and my half of my nephew's. Ridiculous. But, it was delicious and better than what I had ordered. My dad enjoyed his food, and I was glad about that. He can be particular about where he wants to dine. Thankfully, this worked out.

The outing ending at my aunt's house to celebrate my uncle's birthday. There :: more food! Ah! My sister's friend joined us, as did my cousin & her children. We all got to enjoy each other's company and catch up. It was truly a memorable day in more ways than one. I'm pleased knowing that my father had a good day. He deserves it. He is a very good father and we have been blessed to have him in our lives all these years.

No comments: