Thursday, June 14, 2012

Listen to Yourself

Most nights, after long days at work followed by a training run & then gym classes, I enjoy the quiet of my apartment & simply unwinding.

Tonight, with too much on my mind, and not really wanting to think, (which I do too much of) I decided to shop after the gym, and made plans to meet friends out to watch the basketball game.

Pair taking too long to settle on plans with me being in a funky mood, and you have me right here in my quiet apartment with the game on in the background & thoughts flying around my mind. It's okay. I believe we're always exactly where we are supposed to be. Maybe tonight, I needed to deal with my thoughts, feelings, and the things I'm trying to avoid thinking about. The irony of me recognizing this is I'm the one who is a big advocate of handling things that need to be addressed & not avoiding them. Perhaps tonight, I needed to address the reality of my life.

It's very easy to get discouraged and question everything you believe in when things don't 'go your way' or turn out as you thought they would. One big blessing in my life is to have dear friends and family to talk to when you feel like you can't even pray anymore. I feel like God speaks through, listens and even comforts through the precious people He has placed in my life. I am blessed in more ways than I realize. And through it all I know, no matter what storm I'm facing, there will no doubt be a rainbow on the other side. *God's promise*

Below ::
Just some
of the people I trust with my thoughts ... A few are missing. I will update this post if/when I get photos of/with them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm always here for you :).....Love you!!