Friday, June 1, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend Memories

I can hardly believe May is over. It seemed to have come and gone so quickly. Maybe that was because I had something going on every single weekend, most of which have been blogged about.

The weekend began with a fundraiser for a person I know whose has Autism. He is an energetic and sweet boy! It was quite the event with many prizes won, lots of songs sung, much money raised, and a good time had by all for a very precious cause.

The activities continued the next day at Jones Beach, as the weather was amazing! Who knew (apparently everyone did) that the Bethpage Air Show starring the U.S. Navy Blue Angels, was going on and would be happening there? We arrived much too late for a beach day, and got stuck in ridiculous traffic due to the air show. We literally parked a mile and a half away from the beach and it was quite there walk there and back. Still, it was worth it! The air show was completely amazing! It made the traffic and long walk worth it. When beach time was over, I was able to visit with my family who live on the island. That was special, as I don't get to see them so often, particularly my grandma. So, that made it extra special. My aunt cooked for us, and it was great to just catch up on a day where everyone wasn't around.

Sunday was spent out on the island again at a BBQ. Memorial Day just doesn't seem complete without a BBQ, so I'm glad I was able to get to one. There were games, karaoke and even a little dancing ... None of which I participated in. Hahaha. I wish I had, though.

On Memorial Day itself, I participated in Bootcamp, went for a run, then relaxed and soaked up some sun. It was a much needed day of rest after such an action packed weekend.

May left me with many memories. Its important to make each day count. I hope June will be just as wonderful.


No comments: