Monday, July 15, 2013

Tuscany Walking Tour

I'm usually not one for tours. My thinking is :: I don't enjoy having to be on someone else's schedule. It turned out that this tour was excellent. I believe it was my first one, and I'm excited for the hiking tour we have planned in a few days. It actually takes the thinking & planning off our hands and keeps us busy for the whole day. We had an excellent guide & all that we saw was magnificent. 

The tour took us to three stops :: Siena, where we learned about it's history, saw their Duomo, and got lost finding our tour group; a Chianti Vineyard, where we saw their winery, their grapes and olive trees, their cows and had lunch with wine tasting. Doesn't get much better than that. Next was San Gimignano, where we did all of our gift shopping and got gelato ... well, I did, then took a drive to our last stop, Pisa, via a scenic country side drive (which I slept through). We climbed the tower all the way to the top and got a great look at the neighboring towns, the mountains, everything. The lean is a real thing. You can feel the slope the moment you walk inside. 

During our ride back to Florence I did some more sleeping, as it isn't coming easily at night. Therefore, right now, I have a headache and am writing as Iay in bed. We did go out to dinner & walked to a piazza where there was some live music playing. We decided to people watch for a bit before returning to our hotel. Now, we'll rest & regroup before tomorrow's adventures. 












2 comments:

Sandy said...

I'm still jealous - keep having a wonderful time and enjoy every moment. You can sleep when you get home - ha ha

Jess said...

Thanks, Sandy! I was actually thinking I will need a vacation when I return home! Love you.