Saturday, July 6, 2013

July 4th, 2013

Good times is all I can say. The day started with a challenging & hot run in Central Park. It was followed up by some food preparations for The Celentano BBQ. From there, Harry & I made our way to Shannon's where they had tons of food, all the friends and an awesome water slide that both children & adults alike enjoyed. 

From there it was on to my aunt's house. My family was wrapping up the festivities :: and food ::  but the adults were still hanging out and conversing while the kids entertained themselves by playing basketball. 

Lastly, my cousin, her boyfriend and her children joined us to see the fireworks show in Mamaroneck. Of course I rushed, but it was good we did. Parking was insane, but thankfully some kind homeowner allowed me to park in her driveway. From there we walked (very quickly) over to the harbor and copped a squat till the show began. I'm glad we saw them, as fireworks are my favorite thing on the 4th. I was glad I was able to do all I had hoped to today & was in the company of some of my favorite people.  






No comments: