Sunday, July 14, 2013

Florence, Italy

Good bye, Rome; Hello, Florence! After a brief discussion, it seems Natalie & I differ as to which area appeals to each of us. I like the hustle and bustle of Rome, the city atmosphere; Nat prefers this quieter, calmer, lay low environment. I think it's a matter of how & where we grew up. I'm a city girl, and she's grown up in the suburbs. 

A short train ride brought us from Rome to here & now we will take in all that Florence has to offer. (Well, as much as we can for the next four days.) So far we mapped out our game plan, went to dinner (I had minestrone soup!) in this well hidden restaurant, and now are enjoying gelato! I even had mine on a small waffle! Yum! I will regret it later! 

There are lots of little 'squares' around filled with restaurants, shopping, and tons of people. I'm actually surprised, I don't know why, that there are so many English speaking people around. I'm not sure if they are all American, but I hear much more English spoken around here than I did in Rome. 

We happened to walk right into the Duomo & it is simply amazing. You can't help but stare in awe. It's beautifully made, the details are impeccable & I will never forget that sight. 

Four days to go ... Hopefully they will be wonderful. 







No comments: