Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Museum Day ... 1

I'm so thankful today was a chillax kind of day. I'm exhausted. We had no concrete plans aside from the tours so we decided to make two of the four days in Florence museum days. 

We visited two museums, the Uffizi being one of them. I can't recall the name of the other. What I can recall is that they required exact change for entry, but I only had large bills. Thankfully, Nat had exact change for herself. I ventured to various shops and pleaded with the owners for change, but none were able to help me out. It finally dawned on me that a newspaper stand might be my best option! Thankfully it was a success. 

Both museums were filled with sculptures and paintings, interpretations, etc. I enjoyed them, I feel slightly educated & cultured, but I have had my fill of museums. I shouldn't say that, though. I am in Italy & these museums are what some people would do anything to come see. I simply wish I had a deeper interest in paintings. 

After the museums, I went on a run :: my second for the day & it was lovely. The weather had finally cooled off around 7:00, so I went out & took advantage of the time we had before dinner and ran on the other side of the river. I had run down one side this morning. As I ran I people watched, said hello to the guard at the American Embassy, found a vendors' market, and enjoyed the beauty and serene atmosphere amidst the Vespas and wreckless drivers. It was much less stressful than running in Rome had been. Tomorrow there will be no running as we have the all day hiking tour. Definitely looking forward to it, but again, I know it will exhaust me. 

Below are three photos ... Although there were no photos allowed at the Uffizi, well anywhere it seems, I followed Natalie's nerve wracking decision and snapped a photo of Zeus' head. (No photos allowed) Thankfully, we weren't caught and removed from the Uffizi. 

The second & third are views from the museum. Lovely, aren't they??




1 comment:

Sandy said...

Thanks Jessica for sharing Italy. I like to remember my time there.