Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Post-op Visit

I'm certain I am not the only one who goes to their doctor with a list of questions. I'm glad I did! I feel 100% better mentally, and 1/6 better physically. 

Great news :: the doctor said I am healing well, thank God, and that all looks and feels as it is supposed to. I'm truly thankful. I have a very low risk of any future fibroids.  That's great news! She showed me how big it was -- large! Definitely comparable to a grapefruit or baby's head. 

Important news :: I was reminded that I'm still 'fresh' out of surgery and I need to chill. I still need to rest, as my insides are healing and I can't over-do it at all. I think I needed that reminder. I woke up feeling great, had some discomfort mid-day and while I feel 'okay', I am exhausted. My back hurts from hunching over, so that's something I need to try and improve upon. Let's see how tomorrow goes. 

Semi-'Debby downer' news :: still waiting out 6 weeks on most things. My coveted running ... Just living, really. Basic every day things need to be taken slowly. I can't drive yet as my response and reaction times aren't up to par, and really I am still moving so slowly, I couldn't dream of it. I miss working out, but it's not an option right now. My health and healing come first. 

Work :: going back after 4 weeks is still questionable. I will see how I feel after 3 1/2.  I have a doc appt in two weeks and will see at that point if I am ready for work. If not, another week should suffice. 

All things considered, I seem to be doing well. Like I said, I just have to remember to do less and rest more. Although I can't possibly do less! It feels like im doing nothing. 

I'm grateful to and for my mom who came down to take me to the appointment.


Although the ride was ROUGH due to the many pot holes and short stops, our time together was sweet. I enjoyed her company and she helped me a lot here in my apartment. She even drove me to a few stores for necessities. While if was great to be OUT of this apartment, I was just as eager to be back home. Walking outside just isn't as easy as I had anticipated. So, I'll happily keep walking the halls of my apartment building for a little while longer. 

Let's see what the next few days hold. 




No comments: