Saturday, March 15, 2014

3 Weeks & 1 Day

This week was a challenging one. I had some great feeling moments and some harder feeling days. I'm surprised at how long this recovery is taking ... But I had major surgery. Maybe if I continue to remind myself of that, I won't be so disappointed that my recovery isn't as fast as I had hoped it would be. To be honest, I have been doing a lot of reading online about people's recoveries and I feel like I am the exception. I feel badly that some people have had such painful recoveries. 

During this week I had a lot more discomfort than I was prepared for. It started to beat me up mentally. One day I went outside just to get out of my mental and emotional funk. Again, though, my surgery was a big one and maybe I did not realize how slow the healing would be. That's okay. I'm learning. 

My friends from work came over last night and that really did uplift my spirits. Before they came Shannon took me to the grocery store to pick up some snacks. We laughed at her driving skills because they were lacking just a bit. Lol. We swung around, and so did my uterus. It was roughhhhh, but she realized it and all was much better! I was very grateful that she helped me out.  

When my friends arrived, we ate, talked, laughed (which hurt some) and thoroughly enjoyed each other's company. It was just like being at breakfast or lunchtime at work. When they left, though, I was in some definite pain. I laid down and didn't move until I dragged myself into bed. 

My friend, Angela, asked her grandma to make cookies for dessert and goodness we ENJOYED them! 


The chocolate dipped ones are my favorite. 

She and my friend, Cathy, bought me an Alex and Ani bracelet. 


I was touched! I truly love it! 

Today I woke up with a throbbing feeling where the fibroid was, and overall soreness around the incision. I'm still moving slowly but at least I am trying. I'm resting when I can and walking when I can. On Wednesday I have another follow up appointment with the doctor.  Wednesday. We will see what she says and what the next step will be.  

For now I will continue to rest and relax as best I can. 

No comments: