Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Day 18

Just one week ago, I was at my post op. A week later, while I feel one week better, I'm not as 'better' as I hoped I would be. With one more week left before my anticipated return to work date, I'm worried that I won't feel as well as I want to. However, my doctor thinks I will be, so perhaps I'm psyching myself out? Not sure. I'm trying to listen to myself & my body and I want to do what is best. I know I can take another week if that's what I feel. I mean, I could take another two weeks, because my doctor said it isn't unheard of. The recovery period is 4-6 weeks. However, I'm nervous either way. I'm going to try and relax, rest and listen to my body. That's what I need to do.

This week has been a little trying. I've had more cramping than I'm used to. I'm uncomfortable due to that and the internal healing. It's a hard place to be, really. I could take Motrin to help, and I probable should. Still, I don't want to be dependent on medicine, and while it helps, it also hurts my stomach. 

The highlight of the week was seeing Nat and my mom. 


They came down on Monday to visit with me. Although our time together was short, I enjoyed being with them. I won't see her for a few months again, so I'm slightly sad. However, there's always FaceTime. She sure is funny!

Today I went outside for my usual slow walks. 


That's a silly picture I sent to a friend!

The walks are still challenging, but better than walking inside. Tomorrow, since the weather will be terrible, I will have to walk inside. My neighbors have been very kind as they watch me go by. I'm sure some of them watch me through their peep holes and think I am insane. Lol. However, being inside this apartment will make me insane so being outside is better; even if that means walking in the hallway. 

I'm hoping to improve because tomorrow is Thursday and that means one more week. My plan is to closely monitor how I feel and go from there. That's all I can do. I pray this healing goes smoothly. 

No comments: