Monday, March 10, 2014

A Sweet Weekend

It's a new day! Thankfully I wake up every morning feeling just a little bit better. It's encouraging. 

This past weekend I was able to go outside and walk, as opposed to walking up and down my hallway, as I did first thing this morning. 


I made sure to get a photo w my sweetie, as well!


He joined me for my first walk. I took the other two on my own. 

I was thrilled to be outside and the weather was beautiful! Perhaps I went one too many times as by the time evening came I really did not feel so wonderful. We had gone out to dinner, and had a great time, but the car ride was once again very uncomfortable. I do not plan to get into a car again until next weekend. By the time I got home, I was pretty much done. 

This was our delicious, but so not needed, dessert!


Yesterday was another nice day, but I was very tired. I didn't walk nearly as much as I normally do, but we did get to TraderJoe's. We had a good time walking oh so slowly around the store. It's kind of amusing when a walk through the grocery store becomes the highlight of your day ... But time spent with the one you love is all that matters. Plus, it was his first time there! 


He looks great! 


I had to jump in for a photo, as well!

Before the day ended, Shannon came by with soup! Spending some time chatting it up and laughing with her was great. Tina came by Friday, too, and again, our time together was very sweet! I've been so blessed that Shannon and some other friends have sent me care packages, made food, and have consistently been checking on me. Their lives are very busy, and I'm aware of that. The thoughtfulness and love I have felt has been overwhelming. I am incredibly thankful. 

Our night ended with homemade tacos, laundry and t.v. Very exciting, haha, but definitely time well spent - together.  Today, I'm hoping my mom and sister are coming by ... That remains to be seen. Other than that, I'm going to continue the routine -- walk, rest, repeat! 

No comments: