Thursday, March 27, 2014

Happy Birthday to Him!

In all this healing, there has been some room for celebration. Earlier in the month we celebrated my Dad's birthday, and last weekend I celebrated my sweetie's. 


Saturday morning was spent at my friend, Angela's Bridal Shower. It was lovely and I was thrilled to be out of this apartment and amongst friends. My friend, Debby, picked me up so I could attend. She was also thoughtful enough to bring me an Easter basket filled with a lot of chocolate. Yum! Thankfully everyone who has come here has helped me in eating them!


After the shower, I rested for a bit and then we went to X2O for a romantic and delicious dinner. The ambiance was perfect, the view was beautiful as the restaurant is right on the water, and the food was amazing. 

These were our appetizers:: Spicy Tuna Sushi Rolls. 

For the main couse, he ordered tilapia and I had swordfish.

I surprised him with a Happy Birthday dessert. 

And I had an Apple Cherry Crumbler with Custard.

Sunday, his birthday, I gave him his present -- new sneakers -- we went for breakfast, and after that I rested while he spent some time with his brother. Later in the evening we went to the Knicks game at Madison Square Garden. Sadly they lost, but we still had a nice time. He ran into some childhood friends who are family members of Cleveland player, Kyrie Irving, then we got to meet him! Very cool! 


I enjoyed this weekend. I was sad that it went so quickly, but I hope it was a sweet, although simple, celebratory weekend for him. 


No comments: