Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Chocolate Lover's Dream












I hope you've all ventured to Hershey Park @ some point in time. My first visit there was nearly 20 years ago. Could that be true? Yikes! Actually, it was at the same age that Natalie is, so yes. My sisters, nephew, our friend, Jun and I ventured to Hershey Park in Hershey, Pennsylvania. I'm not sure which part of the trip was my favorite...could've been the drive out & multiple stops we had to make...yes, HAD to make. Jun and I NEEDED coffee midway & while Marisel was good enough to get off the exit that SAID there was a Dunkin' Donuts, finding it was the challenge. We found it alright...in the OPPOSITE direction. Good thing bc I think I was getting a bit cranky....I hadn't run that morning and had no coffee up until that point...lolol. We made more stops after that~Mc Donalds (they are VERY clean in PA!), a gas stop (where I lost my camera bag), and EVENTUALLY to an arcade. That wasn't too much fun for me, but the kids loved it. Maybe it was the park itself...maybe just the amount of laughing we did...
Eventually, we made it to our destination. First we checked in to our hotel, (Marisel always chooses only the best! Sooo her! lol) had dinner and then were off to Chocolate World!
We started with a tour of how Hershey's chocolates are made~we could SMELL chocolate by the end of the ride...mmmmm! At the end, we received two (complimentary) pieces of Hershey's Bliss, which is a SMOOTH milk chocolate. After that we got to preview the park for a few hours, ride some attractions, including a long, wooden (no loops!) rollercoaster, and eat some more! I tried to be good!
The next morning we were right back @ it! We spent the first part of the day in the water park, which was AWESOME. The only set back was the cold I caught from it. Yes, only me! The second part of the day was spent doing the 'dry' part of the park. I have to admit that I chickened out of some roller coasters. I just couldn't get myself on them! Justyn & I rode a 'simpler' roller coaster...yeah, wasn't so simple when we were at the top & my 8 year-old nephew said, "Why did I want to do this? I'm scared now. Are you scared, Titi Jessie?" I replied w/ a confident, "Nope! This is great!" Truth be told, though, I def was nervous! lolol We got through it w/o a problem. =)
The ride home wasn't as lively as the ride out...tired had definitely set in. My cold had gotten so bad that we stopped @ a random rest stop (I don't recommend that) and I frantically searched for some kind of medication. Nyquil did the trick~and knocked me out for the next 11 hours. Wow!
Would I do it again? Absolutely! Time w/ my family, no matter what we do, is always exciting, entertaining, and leaves me with some of my favorite memories.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I remember going to Hershey about 20 years ago too...the most vivid thing I remember was walking in and smelling the chocolate...I think if I lived near there, I'd weight 300 pounds!

NEM said...

ahh good times sicaa-u sound so proper teacher like wen u type-it bothers me, but thats aight