Thursday, August 14, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I can honestly say I'm glad to be home tonight. Well, at this point it's early Friday morning. I'm just settling in to my bed after a long day of traveling.

Cabo San Lucas was absolutely beautiful. The hotel we stayed at, Riu Palace, was very clean, spacious, activity & family oriented, w/ a good deal of couples, as well. I can't wait to post pictures, although my friends and I took mostly 'posing' pics. Lisa probably has more of the 'scenic' pics. However, you can always click on www.loscabosguide.com to see THEIR pics.

The water was turquoise blue, the sky was free of clouds, and the sand was too soft to run on, lolol. I saw pelicans, cruise ships, sea lions, little baby snails and nearly got pulled into the ocean by the strongest current I've ever experienced. One day, we were waiting to go Parasailing. Well, while Lisa was enjoying the water, it nearly dragged her in, which was both scary and hilarious. She wasn't hurt, which is why it was laughable...and to be honest, given everything, it was the laugh I needed.

I watched Lisa and Jaime parasail from the boat we went out on... Yep, I was definitely too afraid to go up there, but enjoyed watching them do it! They both got sick from the experience and that was enough to convince me I NEVER want to try it... I didn't mind, though...I was perfectly happy on the boat, and as most of you know~I don't like boats! haha.

The pool was the most relaxing part of the trip. I don't recall the last time I just 'hung out' at a pool. I finished the book I've been reading this summer, Sundays at Tiffanys, by James Patterson, which I highly recommend, read some magazines, and just slept. The sleeping part explains the burn on my back...sleeping hasn't been too comfortable. Yesterday's Kayak adventure, which was a totally fabulous and NEW experience for me, explains the burn on my thighs... again,I say OUCH.

My flights there and back weren't too bad. On the way to Mexico, I had a ridiculously long layover in Atlanta. Thankfully, Hollywood picked me up and he let me stay @ his new house overnight. What was great about that was seeing the house~it truly is great, Jason~and catching up w/ a very good friend. Thanks, Wood!
On the way home, my first flight was eh..there was a mom w/ 3 little children w/ her. One of those children kicked his chair, aka my back, for most of the flight. I thought to turn around and give him the 'teacher look,' but I also knew that she was traveling alone, so I didn't want to make her feel bad. I just sat & tried to rest. On my second flight, I spoke to a nice older gentleman from Atlanta who was going to NY on business. I heard all about his family and their travels. That made for a nice flight home.
My good friend, Binu, was good enough to pick me up from LGA...he lives VERY close to the airport and didn't mind bringing me home. It was good to catch up w/ him, too. Thanks so much, B!

I have to say, God blessed me w/ wonderful friends...not just the people who picked me up, lolol, but honestly, everyone I'm lucky enough to call a friend. =)
I'm glad I took this trip.... Pics are coming soon. Hugs.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Looks and sounds like you had lots of fun! Loved the pics that you sent. You look great!!