Friday, August 22, 2008

Family Day in Connecticut

For those of you who don't know, home is in Connecticut. It's not where I grew up, but it's where my mom, sisters & nephew live, so it's home for me.
It's been too long since I've spent time w/ my mom & sister(s). After today's long run I went home with intentions of all of us going out somewhere. It was a beautiful day & I didn't necessarily want to be inside. Unfortunately, I got up there too late for us to do anything lengthy. We improvised, though...my mom, sister, cousin and the dog went for a walk. I loved every second of it. We walked & talked~at times over each other, lol~ laughed, told stories, and truly had a relaxing afternoon. Our walk only lasted about 30 minutes because we had to get Justyn (my nephew) from his camp. Today was his last day...ohhhh the memories! haha.
My family day ended with dinner @ Balducci's where my aunt, Aida, and my other cousin, Dana, met us. Present at the dinner table were 3 adults and 4 children, 3 of which are 8 years-old and younger! For a few minutes, I felt like teacher & camp director all in one! Wow! Good thing Nat (my youngest sister) was by my side! After giving 'teacher' eyes & directions to 'sit still @ the dinner table' she & I just looked @ each other & laughed.
It was wonderful to spend time w/ my family today. Although it was short, I enjoyed every single moment.

2 comments:

NEM said...

HA!! LOL MADE ME LAUGH!! good blog! and hey, i checked-for once =P

NEM said...

AND ITS BERTUCCIS-DEE DEE DEE!!