Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mr. Golden Sun...

We were GLAD that Mr. Golden Sun came out to shine on us today! Yesterday was SO gloomy that camp definitely wasn't the same...being indoors all day is NOT fun for 5 year-olds. What a beautiful day we had, though! Everyone was out and about, lots of laughs, and one little girl called my boss OLD! haha. Well, she sang "Happy birthday to you, you're a hundred and two" to which he replied, "I'm only a hundred and ONE!" Anyone who knows Jim knows how much he loves kids~especially this age. He truly is a wonderful man & takes this job as seriouly as he does his teaching job. Jim has been working @ the Scarsdale Rec for 32 years. Every year I remind him that he's working camp one year longer than I've been alive! ha! That always gets me a look~lol. All in all, it was a good day~the kids are growing right before my eyes, criers are now BIG SMILERS, those who didn't want to come to camp, now can hardly wait for the next day to begin...
Next month, I'll look back on the experience and be very proud.

No comments: