Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Busy Weekend!

What a weekend it's been! I am truly exhausted from partying and running! The latter should be no surprise, though. haha.

This was Binu's birthday weekend! Yay! Happy Birthday, B! Much to his surprise, Renny came into NY to celebrate! She and I teamed up & we celebrated @ Columbus 72 on Friday night. He was suspicious for a while as to whether she was trying to surprise him because he couldn't get through to her phone...he figured she was flying...she told him she was @ happy hour and couldn't get reception! Great job, Ren! I, of course, just told him he was being HOPEFUL, and that that was OKAY. haha. Little did he know that at that same time, I was picking her up @ LGA! We all partied the night away along w/ my friends Cathy, Al, Shannon & Mike! I don't know his friends well enough to have invited anyone, and it was great of my friends to come celebrate! Plus, I think we needed a night out just because we haven't had one in a while...so, Binu's birthday was a great reason to get us together=) We had a BALL! I never realized how stressful trying to surprise someone can be, and I almost slipped a few times, but it ALL worked out! I'm truly glad it all went well!!
Lastly, after not running as regularly as I had been only 3 weeks ago, I ran an 18 mile tune-up today. Needless to say, it took the first 6 miles to warm up, the next 6 I ran HARD following Binu's pace. Well, that made me ILL so I kept the last 6 @ my pace and finished at the time I wanted to. I definitely am EXHAUSTED, but have such a sense of accomplishment! Binu ran a great pace the last two loops! Great job, B!

2 comments:

NEM said...

dat cool =)

Michelle said...

I'm glad your surprise worked out...that was so sweet...
Ummm...and I thought the doc said no running until you're all healed?