Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Trying to Rest...Wanting to Run

If and when Natalie reads this, she'll comment with, "5:45 a.m. Jessica???" Kinda funny. This morning I am up much earlier than I should be. I went to bed much too late to be up so early. It'll hit me later in the day. I had the alarm set for 6 a.m. SPIN class, but after last night's attempt, I'm just sitting here with a throbbing shin & trying not to cry. I probably should've avoided the weight class before spin, but too late now. So, I'm going to see an orthopedist after work. Thankfully, Lisa's old roommate works with one and I'm going to get this ankle/shin thing looked at. I've been praying for healing, but God is probably saying, "Jessica, REST IT." I certainly can't heal if I don't stay off it. However, given my job, it's not as easy as it sounds. Maybe today I will stay off it as much as possible. We all know it's not my JOB that's keeping me up & all over...it's my inability to stay out of the gym and active. So, here's my thought process~If I want to run the marathon I've trained so hard for, I should truly give everything a rest. Maybe I can swim in the meantime? I hear that's good when you're injured. Positive thoughts and prayers are what I'll need to get me through this. Running is such a release for me...I'm definitely missing it~and it's only been 2 days since my last run.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Hang in there, Jess! Your body knows best. Clearly you need to rest for a little while. You'll be good as new before you know it. Enjoy the break and do something exciting for YOU!! Go buy a pair of shoes or something. :)

Michelle said...

Lady, take it easy! Keep me updated after the doc on Monday!