Saturday, August 3, 2013

Kickball Mid-Season Party & Trophy Presentations

I guess life has been a little crazy for the past ... 5 months ... So I haven't posted about things in as timely a fashion as I normally would ... My mind has been all over ... I'm trying to get back to my writing.

Kickball ... 

While playing Spring Kickball, I spent the season getting semi-better, but never quite to the level of 'good.'  Our team, though, was pretty awesome once everyone started playing together.  


The last game was a playoff one & a biggie and was against our rivals. What can ya do? Play hard or go home ... and that's exactly what we did. We were well capitained, the team wanted the win badly enough, both offense and defense were on their game and in the end, we won!  The other team played well, too; we just played better that night. 


The winning play is a blur, but there was some yelling, some pushing & blanking out ... But we won! I'll never forget the bits I remember, but realizing we won was the best feeling ever. 



I loved that everyone was kind, particularly my friend Marlene, who convinced me to join & patiently taught me along the way, and her husband, who took a chance w a newbie. He was as patient as a die hard kickball player could be with a player who basically was terrible and terrified ... But teachable.  

I met some awesome people & that really was the goal, along with having fun. 




Summer kick is coming to a close & I've gotten more confident ... Meaning I don't spend all of Tuesday with anxiety. I just go & try my best. I have a better idea of what to do --- and more importantly what not to do.  I hope to improve along the way. Marlene has been a great help & has thankfully remained very patient with me as I continue learning. 

Last night we celebrated our victory as a team (for the second time) and received our trophy, which our deserving captain (holding it) took home.


Prior to the night ending, we each had our moment with it whether by posing for a picture as we held it,  drinking beer from it, or dancing as we held it high. 



This team was a great deal of fun to be a part of. Spring & summer have been very stressful for me emotionally & playing kickball is something that has kept me focused and my mind quiet -- even if for an hour a week. I suppose everything does happen for a reason. The memories of these two seasons will last much longer than the stress I've dealt with. Of that I am certain. 




No comments: