Sunday, August 18, 2013

4 Weeks

I used to count the weeks that we were together ... 
Now I'm counting the weeks we've been apart & how I've progressed ... Or not.

God is very good. I'm certain He has kept me during these last four weeks, and He has strengthened me. Certainly without Him I would be a train wreck. 

Some days the sadness still hits me. Some days the actions and my own disbelief of what and how things transpired still stings.  What can I say? I'm human.

I'm thankful that the crying has stopped. And that I've been doing many things to keep myself and my mind busy. That isn't easy. I could get caught up in the 'why me?' of it all. I rather continue to heal, spend time with people whose company I enjoy, and grow. 

Ya know, there were a lot of negative things I was told -- about myself. Every now and then they resound in my mind. I could hold on to them. In the past I have. What I've realized is what matters most is what I think ... And what God shows me. I have to get my self esteem back up, rebuild my self confidence and move forward knowing I can accomplish all things through Christ who strengthens me.  (I should be able to quote that verse.)


I think it's important to pray for those who have hurt us ... If we don't forgive, how can expect to be forgiven? 

Days have gone by ... And not one has passed without a thought of him. Usually it's a disappointed & hurt thought. Occasionally a sweet memory will swing on through ... And for the life of me I will never understand how both can be associated with same person. I suppose I would simply mistake honestly & genuine feelings ... I hope I can trust & love someone again. Live and learn ... Let Go & Let God. 

Week 4 -- praying it is a successful & strong week.


No comments: