Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Parent-Teacher Conference Day Lunch

This has been, by far, the longest day ever! Parent-Teacher Conference Afternoon/Evening is completely exhausting. I know the 8-3 work day sounds 'cushy' but we won't talk about the lesson plan that I still have to create for tomorrow ... 8-3 does not exist for teachers, in case anyone really wondered.

I'd say the highlight of today was going out to dinner in between conference times w my friends and colleagues. A group of us braved the rain and wind storm and headed to Patricia's. A nice glass of wine, good food, lovely company and amusing, yet educational conversations were more than enough to get us through the evening conferences.

My afternoon conferences started early & ended late, so I wasn't sure if I was going to join the crew. I also have an observation tomorrow morning, so part of me felt compelled to stay in & prepare. However, I know me ... The idea of my friends being out & having a great, relaxed time (without me) would've made me sad. So, the heels came off, the rain boots went on & I ran to meet them! I'm certainly glad I did ... I needed to get the afternoon stress off my mind for a bit & be myself.

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, even though I don't know what the conversation was like at the other end of the table. I observed a lot of chatter, a good deal of laughter & a could sense that there was a light air to the luncheon. I think we all needed it. I'm definitely glad I decided to join in on the fun. Now, writing must come to an end because a teacher's job truly does not come to an end ... Much work to be done ... Before 11 p.m.





No comments: