Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer Vacation 2012, Week 1

This time last year, being off with nothing specific to do felt awkward and stressful. I'm not used to having a free schedule. Thankfully, Natalie came and stayed with me for a few days and not only did my days have purpose again, she and I were able to spend time together.

This summer, since camp has finished, I truthfully have felt nothing except relief. My first 6 weeks of summer were busy, stressful and exhausting. Ever since camp ended, well,these past 5 days, I have felt significantly less stressed and have honestly enjoyed each day. Most days I've had nothing to do except work out, run and clean the apartment. When I stop to think about it, that's not a bad gig. However, that kind of living can only last so long, and eventually I will grow bored of it. Thankfully, work will begin in about 3 weeks. I am hoping to have everything here in order by then.

I have to say, my first week off ended on a few high notes. Natalie got a job, I spent a good amount of time w someone I care for, and apartment searching may soon be over. God is good ... Even when I'm less than great.

Let's see what the next three and a half weeks hold ... I'm praying for all good things, but I pray no matter what, I hope God will be with me.

No comments: