Saturday, August 4, 2012

Iron Girl Triathlon

Here I am in Cicero, NY, to cheer Kristi on in tomorrow's triathlon. She has diligently been training for months and I'd say she is definitely PREPARED! I know the nerves are kicking in, but hopefully she'll get a good night rest for the morning. I'm so very proud of her.

Our drive up here was over 4 hours (YIKES), but it really wasn't bothersome at all. Conversation was good, and no one seemed to realize that we didn't even listen to music; we just chatted away.

Kristi and I became friends over a year ago ... In reality, not that long ago. However, our friendship is strong and she and I support each other. She is a blessing in my life, and I couldn't be happier to be part of her special day!!

Opportunities like this don't come along that often. Supporting friends and seeing the smiles that come to their faces are what make times like this more worth it than I can express with words. Let's see what fun tomorrow brings ... More triathlon news to come!!


No comments: