Sunday, August 5, 2012

Iron Girl, Kristi Stewart

Our girl got it done!! Not only did Kristi complete her triathlon, but she did so in under 2:30, which was her goal!! We were so happy to cheer Kristi on along the race route at transition areas, and even happier when we found out her finish time: 2:29:02! Finishing, alone, is respectable and admirable! Doing so under your predicted time is amazing!

The weather was iffy for a while. We weren't sure if we were going to get poured on, if Kristi's bike route would become slick during her ride, etc. Thankfully, the STORM held up till our ride back. It was WILD, though. Between the traffic and the rain, I'm not sure which was worse. Thankfully, we had a mostly comedic bunch in the car, and that helped it to be an enjoyable drive.

Kristi's accomplishment is one (of many) that I admire about her. I can't say I will ever complete a tri, however, her training and dedication have motivated me to step up my own training. I enjoyed watching her complete each leg of the race with a smile, and I now feel motivated to do the same in races I complete from this point forward. She is my hero. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming and supporting....your blog made me feel very special!!! Love you!
Kristi