Saturday, August 4, 2012

Another Camp Season Behind Me

Yesterday was the official end to the Camp Sagamore summer of 2012. After everything was said and done, we had a successful year. Yes, there were glitches and of course bumps, but at the end of the day, everyone was safe and the kids went home smiling.

I wish I had taken part in the festivities of our final day. We had Camp Olympics in the morning, and everyone came in READY TO PLAY!! The odd number groups wore RED and the even number groups wore BLUE. The children participated in relay races and obstacles that were coordinated (mostly) by our sports staff. It was truly an exciting sight to witness. After lunch pool, some weepiness and poor behavior, the day ended with an awesome DJ and emcee. The kids danced, sang and seemed to forget about the heat, and silly drama, for a short while. I spent most of the day cleaning up and preparing for our final day (sans kids) on Monday. Thankfully, most of our belongings were already taken. Hopefully, Monday will go smoothly and we can be dismissed by noon. *Fingers crossed!*

This summer at camp had its higher and lows, just like anything else. I don't regret one moment, and feel like I did the best I could. Yes, of course even I have things I can improve upon if I had the chance to do it over, but I think I will take it all in and relive each pleasant memory. I'll also take these next few weeks to just enjoy what's left of my summer however I can.

No comments: