Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wedding Weekend Recap

With all the festivities of the weekend :: the actual wedding day, the flight home & it being Mother's Day the next, I wasn't able to write about 'Day 2' on that day. Yesterday I was still unpacking and cleaning up here, so again, writing just wasn't an option. However, now that I'm relaxed and don't have as much to tend to (at the moment) I can finish capturing the memories of the weekend.

The Romulos and I spent Saturday ... Well, kind of all over the place. We started with a great morning run to the beach, on the beach & back, followed it up with an awesome breakfast & some laughs, back to the beach for some strong Florida rays, and then we went to do some shopping. Note to self for the future:: do not go shopping the day you have to attend a wedding. Especially at the outlets! ;) With 45 minutes to get ready, I got it done! The only thing that went 'wrong' was having left the wedding card in the hotel room. Besides that, I did all I needed to in the shortened allotted time & got to the wedding with time to spare. We were all smiles and in wonderful spirits!

This was the second beach wedding I attended, but my first traditional Jewish wedding. Both Gideon and Shaari looked amazing, and the ceremony was perfect. I could see their happiness & love in the expressions worn on their faces. We were given flip flops to wear in the sand and I must say, I loved that idea!! I kept mine, and then some!

On to the reception::
Cocktail hour was filled with DELISH foods that we indulged in, along with a few drinks, and many laughs. Move on to the actual reception and there was the rest of the magic. Everything was absolutely beautiful. The band was great, and we danced as much as we could until we got tired. I loved the food (I truly love to eat!!) and was THRILLED to see a dessert bar with ICE CREAM.

Really, the weekend was about Gideon and Shaari. I witnessed their happiness from start to finish, and really I couldn't want anything more for my friend. Watching them smile at each other during the ceremony, have their first dance, walk around separately and together with the same love filled expressions -- that's all I needed to see to know how happy they are. I hope that joy lasts a lifetime. I'm very thankful to have been at their special day.

Of course all good things must come to an end. Saying bye to the Romulos was sad, as it always is. But, the memories we made will definitely help with till we see each other again in a few short months.

And, true to Jess form, I nearly missed my flight because I didn't hear the alarm. What a CRAZED, yet calm, drive I had back to the airport. Thank God I DID make it JUST IN TIME, and was able to spend Mother's Day with my family.

The weekend away was very much needed in a lot of ways. Sometimes 'life' just gets ya down. However, vacations aren't always readily available. I am gonna have to find ways to manage 'life' a little better.
Still, I will live in the memories of this weekend for a long time to come.

No comments: