Monday, May 7, 2012

For My Loves ...

Over the past 10+ years I have had the pleasure, the honor and the joy of being part of, or simply invited to, a great number of weddings. Due to the dear love and friendship that I have with these couples who invited / included me to these precious ceremonies, as well as my love for the sacred blessing of marriage, and my sincere adoration of the idea of romance, I have proudly attended many.

This upcoming weekend I will travel for yet another dear friend's wedding. My friend, Gideon, will marry his fiancé, Shaari. I could not be happier for him. I've known him forever, and we've seen each other through a lot.

My friendship with Gid goes back to the summer of 1996 where we met at Scarsdale Rec Camp. Gosh that seems like forever ago. That same summer, I met Sue at camp, as well, and the three of us became and remained friends all these years through wherever life has taken us ... studies abroad, being busy with life, and even the occasional, but very rare argument.

Last summer was Sue's wedding, and I was given the honor of being in her bridal party. Her wedding took place in Canada where she moved to, as her sweet hubby, Gary, is from there. I actually had the pleasure of having brunch with them back in December, but we haven't been together with Gid since their wedding back in July.

Gid, Sue and I have enjoyed many dinners, laughs, calls, birthdays, and even tears over the years. My memories with these two bring a smile to my face and a tug at my heart. These are memories that can never be erased, and will forever be special.

As my long time friend is about to be married this weekend, I reflect on how our lives have changed, been blessed, and how we've grown -- together and as individuals. I wish he and Shaari the same love, blessings and happiness that I wished for Sue and Gary in July. They all deserve nothing but the best that God has for them.

Although I'm not married, I still have advice to offer ...
Love each other.
Be open and honest.
Listen to each other.
Communicate.
Remember, you were friends first; Never lose that.
Pray together. Laugh together. Cry together. Enjoy each other.

I love you guys always.



No comments: