Friday, May 11, 2012

Cohen - Gross Wedding Weekend :: Day 1

Today was the first of my 3 day weekend in Florida to celebrate Gideon and Shaari's wedding.

After a long day of traveling, beach going, enjoying the welcome dinner and playing cards with the Romulos, I have to admit that I am beat!!

The weather is beautiful, as one would expect for Florida in May. Sunny, warm, breezy. Complete beach & relaxation weather.

The hotel I am staying at, The Pelican Inn, is in the middle of all the shopping one could need; from food, to pharmacy, eateries, and outlets, we are definitely in a great spot!

This evening, Gideon and Shaari hosted a Welcome Dinner for all of the guests. The dinner and dessert were simple and excellent. The night turned out to be a time for Gid & Shaari's closest friends and loved ones to share some life long memories, offer some marriage advice, and even bring up some things one would have hoped was forgotten by now.

The night ended in my room learning to play Crazy 8s. Hanging w Sue and Gar is always a blast. Laughs & loudness can always be counted on with those two. I am so glad to have another day with them tomorrow. The people I love are coming together, even if only for a few days. I am certain tomorrow will be a different kind of fun. It will be special day for my dear friend. I look forward to what the day holds.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have fun!!!!