Thursday, May 17, 2012

Last Training Day for NYC Brooklyn Half

Goodness, it's been a long training season! Ever since 2012 began, I've been training. I've spent the last 7 weeks preparing for the NYC Brooklyn Half Marathon, which is FINALLY this Saturday, May 19th.

Training in 'warmer' weather has definitely been easier on the lungs and limbs, although we had such a mild winter that I didn't mind the January - March training for the first half I ran.

I completed all of my long training runs except the 12 miler. I'm feeling a little anxious because of that, but I'm certain having done 11 was just fine.

The weather for this weekend is supposed to be AWESOME, which means perfect running weather. It may be a little too warm, now that i think of it, but thankfully we are starting at 7 a.m. I'm VERY excited for this race. (Did I write that already?!?) Last year I got closed out of it because it's so popular. The year before, I sort of raced another runner along the last 4 miles of the race. This year's course is slightly different than before. I think we are spending less time in Prospect Park, will continue on through a section of Brooklyn and end at Coney Island. It's going to be a challenge and I'm definitely up for it! Some friends will be there cheering me, Leon, our other friend, Angela, and my friend, Lyda, on along the way. I hope we all do as well as we would like to. Let's see what I have to say about it after all is said and done!

Below are some pics of ::
Me ready for my last two mile training run, the race course and my race number. Good luck to all the runners, and especially to my friends. :)

No comments: