Wednesday, February 18, 2009

San Francisco Really Is Beautiful!

Although I haven't done the 'touristy' things, I've done things that I enjoy when on vacation. Such things include walking around, exploring the unknown (to me), appreciating architecture, and RUNNING. Today was the FIRST day of absolute sunshine we've had since I'm here....and I took complete advantage of getting a great run outside! I went down to the marina area, closest to the Golden Gate Bridge. I believe part of the area I was in was called Chrissy Field...it was once war grounds, so that was neat to read about as I ran through it. Everything about that area is lovely! The waterfront houses are breathtaking, the view over the water, w/ Alcatrez in the middle of it, the Golden Gate Bridge in front of me, the Fort Mason Center behind me~~ I mean, all in all, it was a beautiful view!!! I ran towards the bridge, through some fantastic trails, the fresh smell of the trees was amazing and calming, and I wasn't too scared, haha. I did run TO the bridge, which was cool, however, I could NOT bring myself to run OVER the bridge! Just couldn't do it! I'm SUCH a chicken, lolol. Still, the experience of just getting there was awesome! The views~amazing. I'm kicking myself for not running w/ my camera, but I didn't think to. The run was really mind clearing, which for anyone who knows me, understands what I'm saying. The peaceful view, the outdoor air, everything was amazing~~for a second, I didn't miss Central Park.

My afternoon was just as much fun, but in a different way. After coming home to clean up and such, I ventured on the T train to downtown San Francisco where I met Abby for a Vietnamese lunch that was delish! After that, we shopped a little, she went back to work, and I window shopped on Union Square and Market Street. The atmosphere definitely reminded me of home because of all the familiar stores, but it clearly was San Francisco, and I was glad to have gone there. I mean, me~~shopping~~even if it just window shopping~~very happy! When I spoke w/ my friend earlier, he noted how much happier I am today than when we met up yesterday. It's true~the change of weather, along w/ feeling a bit more secure w/ my surroundings, made all the difference in my trip =) I'm sure I'll be sad to leave on Saturday.

No comments: