Friday, February 20, 2009

Action Packed Days in California

I'm not quite sure where to begin. It's been a wonderful few days here, which is the opposite of how I felt when I first began this trip, only because of the rain. I suppose once we get acclimated w/ a place, we begin to feel more comfortable, and things just feel like home. That's how I finally feel...the day before I'm leaving.

Wednesday, Abby and I hit the gym and had the most relaxing night afterwards...dinner was definitely a joke w/ our popcorn and beverages, haha, but it made us happy! I've truly enjoyed getting to know her, and the chats we've had. I love making new friends and learning about them. Meeting Kimberly, who knows how many years ago (how many, Kim?), was a blessing in so many ways. She's wonderful,and we've maintained our friendship through the years. The friends I've made from my friendship w/ her have been amazing, as well.

I spent Thursday out of San Francisco and in the small town of Los Gatos (the cats, as Abby said this morning! lol), where another friend is from and currently lives. It definitely was a small town, but it was also lovely and relaxing. It reminded me of the Bronxville, Scarsdale areas...that kind of atmosphere, but w/ many more little stores, shops, places to dine, etc. I even went into a cute little bakery (big surprise, I know!) called Icing on the Cake. Their cupcakes reminded me of CRUMBS in the city, but they had cookies, loaf cakes, bday cards, gift, etc! I LOVED it! I was good and only bought a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie! I ate half before my trail run and the rest after! I enjoy a good cookie after a hard run! And the trail run I did was just that...HARD. Trail running is NEVER easy~~to me, anyway. It was peaceful and beautiful, and it made me wish there were more areas like this at home, which I'm sure there are, but not anywhere nearby.

Afterwards, I was shown the town, we went to a winery WAY up in the mountains, took a walk along the beach (where my sneakers and socks got soaked because I refused to take them off...it wasn't warm enough! lol), and went home for a nap before going to my first hockey game! This was DEFINITELY EXCITING! We saw the San Jose Sharks play the L.A.....team. ha. Everything moves so dang quickly that I missed EVERY shot they scored! haha. However, the excitement afterwards was awesome, the energy of the players and fans was contagious, and I am SO glad to have attended the game! Good times!!!

So, here I am BACK in San Francisco. After Abby picked me up from the train, I took her to work and went for another fantastic run. This time, though, I overcame my fear of the bridge and ran it! It was truly exhilarating! After that, I ATTEMPTED to go to Fisherman's Wharf, however, the parking didn't work out AND I got lost driving. Imagine that! lol. So, I came home, made lunch, and have been relaxing ever since... Tonight~Mexican dinner (and drinks!!) w/ Abby and her friend. That'll be a perfect end to my time here.

No comments: