Saturday, February 21, 2009

Good-Bye Cali, Hello NY

My last day in San Francisco was nothing short of wonderful, as my previous days had been. Abby had her tennis lesson, and I went for my final run on the hills. Abby's friend, David, whom went to dinner with us last night, met up w/ us this morning, and joined me for the run. We went up the steepest hills I've ever run. Needless to say, I was not thrilled, as I'm constantly defeated by hills. However, after finishing the last one, I turned around to see a beautiful view of the city I'd come to enjoy.

Afterward, Abby and I went to a DELICIOUS breakfast @ Ella's. I'm pretty sure it's called Ella's. When I'd told Abby how much I LOVE biscuits, she decided we'd have breakfast there on my last day. Well, the biscuit was HUGE and amazing, as was breakfast. Gooooood food! Great call, Abby!

The rest of the day just kinda flew by. I finished packing, she drove me to the airport, and that was it...good-bye Cali, hello NY. There's always an element of sadness when leaving a place where new memories were made. I definitely felt that when I was boarding the plane. I went over the week in my mind for a short while, and then went about my reading. 5 hours later, I looked to the window on my right, and there were the lights of the East Coast cities. For a moment, I smiled my 'glad to be home' smile, but still felt the pang of having left San Francisco. Of course, once I hit the cold of NY, I was ready to fly 5 hours back to warmth. That didn't quite happen, though. Lisa was waiting for me, and it was just like I'd never even left...we went from the airport straight to the diner for 'dinner' and a complete catch up session.

As I sit in my own bed, comfy and content, I'm grateful for what I have, and where I have had the opportunities to visit. As I look around and take in my things, my pictures, etc., I know I'm glad to be home~~but I am also beginning to feel that home CAN be anywhere that you're happy.

1 comment:

Paul said...

God I love California! Crazy and beautiful it is. For me it's a place of stark contrasts, peaceful bliss mixed with danger.

I enjoyed your posts

Paul