Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Out and About....Finally!

Well, I do have to say that I did have a mini-meltdown due to the weather. It hasn't just been raining~~it's been miserable! Rainy, windy, chilly, awful! When I spoke w/ Natalie this morning she reminded me that I AM on the other side of the country and rain shouldn't stop me from going out. Point noted, so after the gym I decided that I WAS going to go out. The question was.... where?!? I decided on Boudin Bakery...famous for San Francisco's sourdough bread. Okay, not the MOST interesting place, but heck, I LOVE bakery food, so why not? ha! Well, turned out that my friend was having dinner w/ his boss in the city, so we made tentative plans to hang out & tentative turned out to be definite. I'm definitely grateful that he came because I was about to lose it. I even text messaged some of my friends that I missed being in N.Y. At that point, I truly did. Maybe I just had cabin fever...not too sure. Anyway, my friend picked me up and took me to the Golden Gate Bridge! First of all, it was S U P E R windy. Oh my gosh, haha, there was no way we could walk across it, but we took pics, and he pointed out all the parts of cali and such. From there we did a little hiking, which is so up my alley! The smell of the pine trees was amazing~~for a few minutes I thought, "Yep, I could do this outdoorsy, country thing." Then I stepped on a bush that snapped up @ me, I screamed, we laughed and I remembered that I am, indeed, the city girl! ; )
From there we went to an art gallery that was closed~~sorry, I don't remember the name, but since it was closed, we walked around the water for a short while...we watched 'nature' at it's best... raccoons running from someone's property to the water/grassy/shrub area. Well, he thought the raccoons were going to eat the ducks... I stood for a minute, thought about WHAT raccoons eat...and said, "Raccoons eat GARBAGE." WELL...OH MY GOODNESS. Really~raccoons ARE scavengers, right? Yeah~NO! That's sooo not the rationale to my statement. Of course as I'm HYSTERICALLY laughing at what I'd just said, he's all~"I'm sure if Raccoons had their choice between garbage and ducks...they'd choose the ducks." I couldn't contain my laughter OR my embarrassment. Could we call that a city girl statement? After ALL that laughing, we stopped @ a bar for a drink. The view from there was amazing. I have pics that I'll post when I get home. I have to say~~ I had a wonderful, wonderful day!!

No comments: