Monday, July 14, 2014

Wedding Planning

I am quickly realizing what every bride before me knew--wedding planning is not easy, nor is it stress free. However, it is exciting and it does not need to be stressful. 

Having attended many weddings and being a bridesmaid a few times, I have a good idea of what I would and would not like for my own wedding. Something small and classy, but lots of fun, as well.  Sadly, though, weddings are expensive! Goodness, makes me wish I had been saving money forever for this exciting upcoming event. Everything will work out and get done. I'm not too nervous. 

This weekend was filled with dress shopping with my sisters and mother, and sending emails to venues asking for information. I hope and pray this week we can get one of the dates we have in mind nailed down at a venue we both love and get the rest of the planning underway. 

My sisters managed to each choose a dress and I love their choices. They compliment their styles and body types very nicely. Next, Harry's sisters will do the same, and then the matron of honor. It's all very exciting! 

Really, it has not been all that stressful, I suppose. It's all the little details that I either forget or don't know about that add up financially and send a little stress my way. However, with the help of The Lord, my fiancĂ©, my family and friends, I am sure things will work out very well. 





2 comments:

Sandy H said...

What????? I didn't even know you were engaged. Sweetie, I'm over the moon for you. Please e-mail me and give me all the details.
Love you, Mama Sandy

Mjrozz said...

I'm happy to see you writing again ������