Monday, July 7, 2014

Catch Up!

The last time I updated my blog I was healing (and I still am) and heading back to work. Now I am on summer vacation, and I am working on getting certain areas of my life in order. 

The past three months have been busy! The remainder of the school year flew, thankfully, not without a few stressful moments here and there, but I was certainly glad for summer vacation to begin. 

Next year I am supposed to be working in a new position in my school. I will be an Academic Intervention Service teacher for Kindergarten students. In this position I will no longer have my own classroom, but will service the lower percent of the students and work on getting their academics up to grade level. This will be my first educational experience with kindergarten students. So far, my work with this age group has only been at camp. I am definitely looking forward to this experience and challenge! I will also be working with a new group of teachers. While this makes me as slightly nervous, I know them all and they are lovely. I am sure my transition will go smoothly. 

Right after school finished, Harry and I took a trip to Ocean City, MD. If I say we had a ball, it was better than that. Firstly, the 5 got drive wasn't terrible, thankfully. Our days there were filled with morning workouts followed by breakfast on the  hotel's front porch. Afternoons were spent on the beach. Sometimes we'd get happy hour drinks (him) and wings, and play ping pong. Every evening was different. We'd have dinner either on the boardwalk or venture out someone else, followed up with mini-golf, a trip to Walmart or an evening boat ride, and each evening ended with a walk on the boardwalk.

This was the day we arrived!


Days on the beach ...

We bought a beach umbrella!

We went on an evening boat ride. The houses along the way were amazing!


We played miniature golf and ping pong! I lost! 



Apparently, I could own a fudge house! 

He waited for this funnel cake! I enjoyed a few bites.

We also got engaged. I was pleasantly surprised and very excited! We are elated and thankful to God for bringing us back together. 


We haven't announced it on any social media yet, but I wanted to write about it here. 

Last night celebration!

Our last day was bittersweet. It was time to leave, but our stay was so pleasant and our memories so happy that we didn't want it to end.

Till the next time, Ocean City, MD...

No comments: