Friday, July 11, 2014

First Week Home

It has been a wonderful, yet busy week back home from vacation. I was supposed to have tutored two mornings, but that was cancelled, so I did some wedding planning before my afternoon tutoring sessions. Great time management skills right there. :) I asked both sets of our sisters to be part of the bridal party and they said yes. Looking back now, I wish I had asked in some cutesy way as opposed to text messages, but it was okay. They all happily accepted. I am still figuring out of I can have friends in the bridal party, as well. We always said we didn't want something too big, but having a few friends as part of my party is important to me. It will all come together one way or another,  I am sure.  

On Monday, I went to David's Bridal to shop around. I thought I found a dress I liked, but realized I didn't love. It was simple, and I was settling because I didn't want to spend a lot of time shopping for a dress. I decided to call a coworker who works at a bridal boutique and asked if I could stop by before my Tuesday afternoon tutoring session. That visit was a success! The workers there were very helpful and brought me dresses I never would have chosen on my own. I found one I really liked and decided to go back yesterday with my mom, Nat (as Marisel was working) and Shannon to confirm my choice. When they saw the dress on me, I could hear the approval in their reactions.  We all said 'Yes to the Dress!' It was very exciting!! It's a slightly different dress than I imagined I would want but truthfully, I do love it! I won't see it again for 4-5 months, though. I better watch my food intake over the summer and then some! I also spent time making calls to visit some possible venues and made appointments for today and next week. Thankfully, Shannon will join me today and Harry will do the same next time. 

The week is over now and we have dinner plans at my assistant principal's house. That is always interesting and fun! I'm looking forward to it and this weekend. Tomorrow I am going to David's Bridal with my sisters and mother. After that there should be some down time ... Till next week!


No comments: