Monday, April 29, 2013

Spring Challenge -- Part 2!

Okay, so, clean eating / weight loss project was a fail. I'm pretty bummed about it, but in two days I'm going to start over (not that I've stopped; I just haven't done as well as I had hoped I would have.)

This isn't about restrictive eating :: well, that depends on your outlook, I suppose. I've realized that the chocolate chip cookies I love are filled with fat, sugar, and all things BAD for me. It doesn't mean I don't love and occasionally miss them; instead I am learning to make very healthy and delicious alternatives. I've enjoyed trying new recipes & sharing them w my loved ones and friends, definitely.

My problem is willpower when I'm stressed or hungry. Can I make healthier choices? Indeed! Do I ALWAYS need a piece of chocolate after lunch? INDEED! haha!! That's just one example of many things I want to work on. Another is increasing my exercise. A year ago I think I was exercising more. Maybe age is catching up with me & my metabolism is slowing down. (Heaven forbid) I have to step my game up & I know it.

So, in two days I'll start over and work harder to try & reach my goals .... Which are to trim down, maybe lose a little weight & inches ... But overall, I want to be healthy.

Let's see what kind of progress each day brings...





No comments: