Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend Update

My weekend was meant to be a very quiet one. After fighting a sinus infection for three weeks and partying for two of those weekends, I knew I simply needed to take it easy. For the most part, I did just that. However, the past two days ended later than I'd hoped and consisted of many more activities than I'd planned.

Friday night I kind of double booked myself...nope, not w/ two dates, haha. I had committed to attending my friend's open bar, as well as meeting my cousins & friends to see Twilight. In order to make sure both plans were kept, I arranged for the 'movie' crew to meet up where the 'open bar' crew was going to be. We met at Burke's in Yonkers for dinner, and from there we shot over to New Roc City for the movie.

It turned out that the coordinator of the open bar (Neverly, who is in my Autism Walk pics) got stuck at work and wound up getting to her own function late. Definitely a bummer, but she did make it in time for us to at least say a quick hi and bye! I know she had a ball after my friends and I left. We were lucky enough to get to spend a little time with Al and Anna! Their kids had a sleepover and they got a night out. It was definitely a nice treat to hang w/ them for a short while.

Twilight was AWESOME! I mean, true to Jessica form, I have YET to finish reading the book, but I'm STILL working on it! As I watched the movie, part of me wanted to leave as to not spoil the ending for myself, but I didn't... I watched every minute of it! I didn't even fall asleep! That's new for me! ha! Everyone enjoyed it~I think this mini girl's night out was needed. All I know is that I was more relaxed than I'd been in a while. It was a good feeling.

We ended our night at Applebees..it was FRIGID out and close by...enough said. While the girls drank their fancy beverages, I warmed up w/ a coffee. My 'lay low' evening ended at 1:30 a.m.... I wouldn't have traded one minute of that night for anything else... We had an amazing time doing something so simple...again I say, it's not what you do, it's who you do it with... no dirty thoughts there, please. ; )

Saturday I spent the ENTIRE day w/ my family. I always enjoy being w/ them...it's almost always a guaranteed good time w/ lots of laughs and too much food!

Today, I attended a Holiday Boutique at a temple in White Plains w/ Jody. We haven't seen each other since August at Mayah's 1st birthday, so it was wonderful to spend time together and chat in person! We spend a lot of time text chatting during the days. Thanks for hanging, Jodes!

Pre-TWILIGHT dinner @ Burke's.










Al and Anna.










Neverly's cousin, her husband, Al and Anna.










The TWILIGHT group. They ALL finished reading the book...










They spent a lot of time working on the tilt of my hat! ha!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now since you've eaten so much over the weekend I guess your not coming over for Thanksgiving?? LOL hehehe

Cannot wait for the Elf weekend!!!

SANNNNNNNNNNTTTTAAAAAA

I know him...hehehe and I will eventually do the run around in the mall with you watching so you can laugh your butt off HA!

~~~Sally