Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This year, Thanksgiving was spent at my aunt, Mildred's house. Boy did we eat! Goodness! I am not sure what I enjoyed most...the dinner or the dessert. My lunch crew could say probably the dessert because I ALWAYS eat it before my lunch! ha! Unfortunately, Uncle Joe was dissatisfied with ANY of the dessert choices, but that's okay...he ate them all, regardless. ha! My personal favorite was the pastele! Yuuum! As usual, we laughed the entire time we were together. Thankfully, Mari did not get asthma from laughing, and the kid's allergies from the cat held up!

Unfortunately, I didn't get spend time w/ my mom and Nat. They were missed, though. We spoke a few times that day, but it wasn't the same as actually being together. Right now, I'm missing my mom a lot.

I suppose saying I'm thankful for all that I have in my life sounds like the obvious thing one would say. However, I truly mean it. With each day that passes, something always stands out that I'm thankful for. Of course, since I'm thoroughly exhausted from some UNRULY students, I can't give specific examples of what I'm trying to say. However, know this...without my family, I'd be nothing. Each one of them is a part of who I am. They are all amazing and I'm blessed to have these wonderful people in my life. My truest friends, my rocks, my confidants, help make my days & stresses a little easier, and for that I'm thankful. I'm blessed in many ways, and I try to make sure I thank God for the things & people I'm surrounded by.

Marisel, Dad, Me, Grandma










Crespo Girls, Marisel, Me, Titi Mildred










Mom (from last year's Thanksgiving!ha!)










NEM!!!! We missed you, too!










Justyn, Sierra, Brendan, and Seanie










Our newest cousin, Maya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family, Jessica.
Happy Thanksgiving late.