Friday, September 28, 2012

Cosi with Kristi

It's been WAY too long since Kristi and I have caught up, just us girls. Between vacations and life, we've just been busy. Earlier in the week we made plans to get together and catch up in real life, as opposed to text or email where so much is lost because of lack of expression or intonation, etc., and it's simply not as personal as getting together can be.

We met at Cosi, in New Rochelle, and just talked about EVERYTHING. I'm surprised neither of us cried. The tears would've been happy, as well as just a release, but there were none, and that's okay. There was real talk, pure honesty, and a sense of love and support. God has truly blessed me with amazing people in my life that I can call true friends.

Kristi sometimes treats me with goodies from her job. Today she gave me a NEAT coffee travel mug, as she knows I LOVE my morning coffee. I was SO excited to open the box! The mug has a caricature of two girls, one blond, one brunette, having coffee. SO CUTE! The thoughtful surprise made my night.

We had such a good time, and realized we don't see enough of each other, that we're planning on hanging out again next weekend ... But before that, we'll get to the Yankee game on Monday!!

No comments: