Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Family Day at the Bronx Zoo

Since we all had the day off (for the Jewish holiday) there were plans made to head to the Bronx Zoo. Well, my sister made the plans with Fatima; I just happened to send Marisel a 'what's going on with you?' text at the right time. After I finished at a morning appointment, I made my way to the zoo & found everyone. I was pleasantly surprised to see Fatima and Sonya there, as well.

The zoo covers so many acres, it's nearly impossible to see everything in one day. Admission on Wednesdays is free, so it's extra crowded there. Sifting through groups of people coupled with a good deal of walking will have anyone exhausted come the end of the day.

We spent about 4 hours there and were able to see many animals and exhibits. The kids seemed to enjoy themselves. There were squeals, laughs, running off, and smiles! I loved being able to join in this impromptu get together!!

Family time is so important. With them being so far, we don't get so hang out as much as I would like to. I love them more than I could ever put into words.

No comments: