Friday, October 26, 2012

Project Moving :: Completed!

To say the last two and a half months have been 'easy' would be completely untrue.

Combine the beginning of the school year with marathon training; then throw in buying a co-op just for extra fun and you have a person who almost kept it together to the end. Days and weeks of endless emails to and from my mortgage broker and lawyer, dodging calls from my former landlord, and regular every day incidents never seemed to end, and kept me quite stressed out. Thankfully, many friends and family were by my side to see/hear me through the entire ordeal. That was such a help and I won't soon forget it.

From closing day to moving weekend/day, there was no stopping me. I closed, shopped, packed, packed, packed, moved things, returned things, let my mom handle moving day, and pretty much did everything in reverse order after that. The help I received with packing, purging, moving, and even the occasional melt down was truly amazing.

Now, the task is to get the remaining boxes unpacked and out of my apartment. It's coming along, one box at a time. I have NOTHING hung on the walls yet, and I'm not happy about that. However, in time my apartment will come together and it will feel like home. Pictures of the progress will be posted here and there. The ones below are just a beginning of what I hope will become a beautiful 'Jess' apartment. The wallpaper in the kitchen HAS to go, but will stay for now. Money is necessary for such 'fun' projects.

If I could put a word to the feeling I have right now, it would be blessed. God is way too good to me. I'm not exactly sure why, but I do thank Him.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Congratulations on your new home Sweet Jessica. I know you will be extremely happy and blessed. Its beautiful.