Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day!

Today's blizzard pretty much shut down the entire Northern East Coast. Here in NY, it gave us the third weather related school closing in my nine years with the New York City Department of Ed. Amazing, right? The Mayor and Chancellor definitely made a good call.

The season of Winter has changed so much since I was a child. I know that's to be blamed on the changes in the layers of the atmosphere and Global Warming, amongst other things. I have memories of trudging through snow during and trying to get everywhere those winters, yet not so much minding it (back then). Now, honestly speaking, I have enjoyed living through the winters with minimal, to no, snow. We get enough to upset the flow of traffic and travel, but usually not enough to close schools, or send people home early from work.

Today's 'snow day' has been relaxing. There have been a few pangs of missing my family and being with the kids. I'm sure they would have welcomed the cookies after being in the snow! Still, I spent time catching up w/ friends, had great conversations and much needed laughs, baked cookies, and listened to music. As I told one of my friends, none of that was on the 'snow day to do list' I created yesterday. Maybe that just means I should stop trying to plan out every second of my life. ha!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh, just letting life take its course (if that makes sense) and enjoying the moment. Makes life alot easier doesn't it?

Jess said...

So I've heard : )Just not how I work. ha!